COVID MITIGATION MANAGER
Edmonton Opera seeks a team-focused, safety centric candidate to fill the role of a COVID Mitigation Manager
- This is a full-time, temporary position; Management level position.
- Ideal start date is as soon as possible and continuing on until March 26, 2022.
- Hourly wage range of $25-30/hour + 4% Vacation Pay, based upon experience.
- Wage is based on a minimum 40 hour work week with applicable overtime.
- Time exceeding 8 hours per day and 44 hours per week will be paid at the overtime rate.
- Flexible hours including evenings and weekends, depending on the daily rehearsal schedules.
- Reports to the Artistic Director and Chief Financial Officer.
- Works collaboratively with all company departments, employees, artists and crew.
- This position is based out of EO’s Opera Centre during rehearsals, and the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium during tech week and performances. EO provides flexible work-from-home options.
- Ability to understand government regulations, and the arts industry best practices, to quickly apply evolving information and to understand Edmonton Opera’s situations and activities.
- Ability to problem-solving and to provide solution reasoning.
- Clear ability to communicate policies & procedures to groups of individuals.
- Experience in theatre rehearsal and backstage protocols preferred.
- Experience enforcing rules as a supervisor.
- Health and safety experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational, computer, and verbal/ written English skills
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat, professional and with a calm demeanor under stress.
Duties and typical tasks:
- Develop and create Policies & procedures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Advised and monitor best practices related to mitigation of COVID-19.
- Train and Supervise in the application of the mitigation procedures.
- Develop, implement a Covid-19 testing strategy.
- Develop, implement a technological solution to tracking test results, health declarations and vaccine status.
- Create and deploy backstage all-access passes for production/artistic personnel.
- To lead and respond to situations related to Covid-19.
- To provide sound & unbiased advice on best practices while productions are in rehearsals and onstage.
- To attend rehearsals, set-ups, staff meetings and other misc. activities to provide training and explanation to these groups.
- To keep clear and consistent records of mitigation strategies and their results.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume along with any other pertinent information to:
Edmonton Opera Attn: Joel Ivany
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include references. Applications that do not include references will be considered incomplete.
References may be contacted prior to interviewing candidates.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, December 21, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Interviews are conducted as required.
The position may be filled prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.