The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a part-time Box Office Patron Services Representative (PSR). If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced atmosphere, are computer and technology savvy, and enjoy a flexible work schedule then this position is for you!
Reporting to the Patron Relations Manager, the PSR is an integral part of the Citadel team. The successful candidate(s) will work in a fun and fast-paced atmosphere, selling tickets, packages, classes and merchandise. The PSR must be ready to take a proactive role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Providing excellent customer service to all guests in the Citadel Theatre: quick, friendly, and showing a thorough knowledge of the company, events, and building.
- Comfort and excellent etiquette in assisting patrons using various communication methods (i.e. Phone, Email, and in-person).
- Using our Customer Relation Management Systems to sell and exchange tickets, register FTS classes, and provide administrative support to the rest of the company.
- Conduct outbound calls to prospects and customers to sell packages or tickets.
- Assisting Box Office supervisors and management with all aspects of Season Tickets. This may include selling, processing, or changing packages, contacting patrons or filing forms.
- Counting floats, restocking brochures, ensuring the work area is clean and organized, printing and mailing .tickets, maintaining the database of patrons and other administrative support for Guest Services.
- Completing other administrative tasks for the theatre upon request.
- Support the FOH and Bar teams in their needs prior to a show.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, while providing outstanding customer service in a consistently courteous manner.
- Positive sales-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to handle cash and credit card transactions with integrity.
- Knowledge of Tessitura is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite is an asset.
- Weekend and evening availability is required.
The wage for this position is $16 per hour.
Please email your resume with cover letter to: [email protected]
Deadline for resumes is Sunday December 19th 2021.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resum