Bert Church Theatre seeks experienced Musical Theatre Professionals to join the creative team of Seussical: The Musical
The Bert Church Theatre seeks to engage professional theatre artists with experience in musical theatre as part of our upcoming production of Seussical: The Musical. In partnership with local community theatre group, Nose Creek Players*, this production will provide on-the-job mentorship experiences for community-based artists who are looking to grow their skills in live theatre.
The expectation is that these key creative roles will share their professional knowledge, standards and practices that can be shared with an emerging volunteer cast and crew. Each hired position will be a considered a mentorship position, with designated mentees working & learning alongside the core professional roles.
Available Position: CHOREOGRAPHER
Working closely with members of the creative team, the Choreographer will oversee all movement and dance aspects of the production, including auditions & casting, creating dance and movement, teaching performers the choreography and how to execute the movements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend creative team meetings with the Director and Musical Director to develop the overall vision of the show
- Pre-rehearsal preparation, including creating choreographer from interpreting the script and music, relevant research
- Collaborate with the Director and Musical Director to integrate choreography into the production
- Collaborate with all members of cast and backstage, including actors, designers and producers
- Participate in auditions, evaluate the vocal abilities of all auditionees and offer suggestions on which individual might be best suited to each role based on movement abilities
- Create and teach original choreography and techniques to performers
- Lead dance and movement rehearsals
- Attend other rehearsals as needed (*attendance may not be required at every scheduled rehearsal)
- Lead regular movement warm-ups
- Provide leadership to a dance captain
Contract Dates are as follows:
- December 1 through December 31 – Applications and Hiring
- January 17 – Preliminary Meeting, Planning, Creative & Production Team Meet & Greet
- January 24, 26, 30, 31* – Auditions and Callbacks
- February 9 – May 26 – Rehearsals, Tech, & Opening
Nose Creek Players* is a community theatre group based in Airdrie and is run by local community members and supported by local community artists.
Rehearsals will take place in part-time capacity, approximately 10 hours per week, on Sunday afternoons, Monday and Wednesday evenings. Schedule of dates is subject to change based on STAT holidays, or availability of the venue, and alternate space may be provided.
This is a non-CAEA production. Selected candidates will be engaged under contract with Bert Church Theatre / City of Airdrie
Renumeration of $1500.00 will be paid to the chosen candidate for their services.
Interested applicants can inquire about the posting or apply no later than December 31 by sending their cover letter of interest and resume to [email protected]
The City of Airdrie has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Policy. The City of Airdrie is committed to taking every precaution reasonable for the protection of the health and safety of our employees and citizens. Successful candidates will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and adhere to the COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Policy.