Edmonton Opera seeks a team-focused candidate for the position of Child Wrangler for the production of La Bohème.
Employment: The flat rate for this position is $700.00.
At the Opera Centre Rehearsal Hall – 15230 128 Ave NW
- January 15 2:00pm-5:00pm Staging Rehearsal
- January 19 7:00pm-8:30pm Staging Rehearsal
- January 22 2:00pm-5:00pm Staging Rehearsal
- January 26 7:00pm-8:30pm Staging Rehearsal
- January 28 6:00pm-9:00pm* Final Run in Rehearsal Hall
At the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- January 30 6:30pm-10:30pm* Piano Tech 1
- January 31 6:30pm-10:30pm* Piano Tech 2 (maybe with costumes)
- February 1 6:30pm-10:30pm* Piano Tech 3 (costumes)
- February 2 6:30pm-10:30pm* Orch Dress #1
- February 3 6:30pm-10:32pm* Orch Dress #2
- February 5 6:00pm Opening Performance
- February 8 6:00pm 2nd Performance
- February 11 6:00pm Closing Performance
*Indicates call end time, but the kids will probably be cut before this time.
- Experience working with elementary to junior high-aged children.
- General understanding of the backstage aspects of theatre.
- Must pass a background check.
- Punctual and responsible.
Duties and typical tasks:
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of the children’s chorus when not on stage.
- Be aware of and manage any health issues of the children’s chorus during rehearsals, as indicated by the parents (Medicine, food restrictions, etc)
- Accompany the children’s chorus from their arrival on the premises to when they leave with an approved adult.
- Ensure children are appropriately entertained when off-stage while maintaining awareness for cues and announcements.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume along with any other pertinent information to Edmonton Opera Attn: Alison Hardy.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include references. Applications that do not include references will be considered incomplete.
References may be contacted prior to interviewing candidates.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Alison Hardy, email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Dec. 17, 2021.
Interviews are conducted as required.
The position may be filled prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.