Assistant Head Fly Operator
Edmonton Opera seeks an individual interested in working as the Assistant Head Fly Operator.
About the position:
- This is an hourly position which falls under the EO/IATSE 210 Collective Agreement.
- This opportunity requires availability for the entire Tech/Show period for the Opera production season.
- Duties include assisting in the safe operation of the counterweight fly system and associated rigging for load-in, set-up, run, strike and house restore of all EO Productions.
- Wages/benefits as per the EO/IATSE Collective agreement.
- Reports to and is supervised by the Production & Technical Director and Head Fly Operator.
- This position is based out of EO’s performance venue, the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, and other possible locations.
- Complimentary tickets as per Edmonton Opera’s complimentary ticket policy.
Expected 2021-22 schedule:
- Gala: January 3-6, 2022 (Load-in to Strike @ the Jubilee)
- La Boheme: January 28 – February 12, 2022 (Load-in to Strike @ the Jubilee)
- Cosi fan tutte: March 13 – 26, 2022 (Load-in to Strike @ the Jubilee)
- Other various dates and times as needed
*Applicants must be available for all the production– EO is unable to hire this position for individual shows and will only hire for the complete season*
- Member/permit (preference is given to full members) in good standing with IATSE Local 210.
- Experience operating a fly system.
- Experience rigging with a fly system.
- Experience loading weight and ability to calculate proper weights.
- Experience working with union crews, experience on running crew and able to cover head of department duties as required from time-to-time.
- Completed Jubilee Auditorium Orientation.
- Ability to adjust finished projects to work within the design esthetic of the production.
- Ability to lift and work with weight in excess of 50 pounds.
- Willingness to keep spaces organized, safe, clean and of the highest standards.
- Knowledge and adherence of safe working practices.
- Willingness to wear a costume onstage if required.
- Must have scissor lift and fall arrest certification as required by the Jubilee Auditorium.
- This position must have an outstanding professional demeanor, attitude and work ethic.
To apply for this position please email your resume, references, and any other pertinent information to Edmonton Opera Attn: Production Department.
E-mail to: [email protected]
For further information on this opportunity please contact [email protected]
Closing date for applications is December 17th, 2021.
The position may be filled before the closing of the posting.
Interviews are only scheduled as/if needed.
Only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.