Apprentice Stage Manager
Edmonton Opera seeks a team-focused candidate looking for experience in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- This is an EQUITY Stage Management Apprenticeship contract position for the mainstage production of La Bohème.
- This position is based out of the Opera Centre for the rehearsal period – 15230 128 Ave NW, and the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium for tech week and performances.
- Rehearsals – January 10, 2022 to February 3, 2022
- Performances – February 5, 8 & 11, 2022
- Applicants are engaged under the Apprentice Stage Manager Program as more defined in the CAEA Opera Agreement, section 42:35
- Enrolled in or have completed a stage management program from a post-secondary institution.
- Deadline-oriented with flexibility to adjust timelines as needed.
- Motivated — able to see a task that requires attention and completes such tasks without hesitation.
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat, professional and with a calm demeanor under stress and in all situations.
- Superior computer and organizational skills: familiarity with Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Dropbox would be a huge asset.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings (ground plans).
- Ability to read and follow along with a musical score.
- Ability to communicate well with children and parents.
Duties and typical tasks:
- Assisting the Stage Management team throughout the rehearsal and performance period.
- Acting as a Light Walker during lighting focus sessions.
This is a paid apprenticeship position
- Hourly rate of $15/hour + 4% vacation pay.
- Overtime for any hours exceeding 8 hours in a work day.
- This position is subject to final approval by CAEA
To apply for this position please email or fax your cover letter and resume along with any other pertinent information to Edmonton Opera Attn: Alison Hardy
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include references. Applications that do not include references will be considered incomplete.
References may be contacted prior to interviewing candidates.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Alison Hardy, email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Dec. 17, 2021.
Interviews are conducted as required.
The position may be filled prior to the closing date. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.