The Bert Church Theatre/City of Airdrie is recruiting for a Performing Arts professional with experience in drama, musical theatre, and movement for children.
The role will be responsible for teaching classes on a sessional basis in the mediums indicated. The successful candidate will be an accomplished Performing Arts Instructor with a passion and dedication to the growth of performing arts in the City of Airdrie. There is the potential for future programming opportunities, and we look forward to ideas and proposals from potential instructors.
The responsibilities of a Performing Arts Instructor include:
- Deliver high quality performance classes to our students
- Motivate and inspire confidence in participants
- Create lesson plans
- Teach students about plays
- Assist students in creating their own dramatic pieces, building self-confidence, accessing creativity and strengthening stage presence
- Teach presentation skills including monologue and audition preparation, organize, and manage the learning environment, direct performance rehearsals and end of class performances
- Help to assemble and manage lighting and sound etc.
- Some light cleaning duties may be required
- Minimum 3 years of experience and demonstrated skills teaching within the area of specialty (acting, musical theatre, movement, directing)
- Candidates with formal university training in performing arts will be given priority
- Experience in development of programs
- Experience in acting, musical theatre, movement, and directing would be considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid – Level C CPR and AED required (Please upload copies of certification with online application)
- Skilled in design and facilitation of arts programs
- Proven background in providing exceptional customer service
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Mature and reliable
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding dependability, initiative, creativity and decision-making skills
Competitive compensation and the following benefits:
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Annual adult Genesis Place pass
This competition is for part time/casual performing instructors for evening and weekend classes. Remuneration for preparation or administration time will be determined together with the facilitator for each class.
Interested parties may submit their applications through the City of Airdrie Careers Site at www.airdrie.ca/careers (POSITION ID: J0721-1007)
Please include a cover letter with your application, describing any specific areas of expertise and interest; the productions you have performed in; and programs you have either developed and/or facilitated.
The posting will CLOSE on December 13, 2021.
Qualified candidates may be interviewed and hired prior to the posted closing date.
Interested applicants can inquire about the posting or apply by sending their cover letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Airdrie has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Policy. The City of Airdrie is committed to taking every precaution reasonable for the protection of the health and safety of our employees and citizens. Successful candidates will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and adhere to the COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Policy.