Job Title: Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator (Full-time)
Department: Community Relations
Status: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Salary range: $42,00–$45,000
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications
Posting Date: November 24, 2021
Since 1963, Edmonton Opera has inspired our community with performances that resonate beyond the final note. We’re looking for an excellent communicator with a passion for sharing the performing arts with others. The Communications & Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with the rest of the Community Relations team to help Edmonton Opera resonate with our community.
This is a full-time salaried position from Monday to Friday (9am–5pm) with occasional weekend and evening shifts required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write compelling content that speaks to different target audience segments
- Assist patron services with patron inquiries, donations and ticket sales
- Engage the community via our social media channels and maintain a posting schedule
- Act as an ambassador for the company at community events
- Coordinate content for Edmonton Opera’s house program (Intermezzo Magazine)
- Coordinate and write grants, reporting and foundation applications
- Assist Marketing Director with media relations support including preparing press releases
- Write feature articles for opera programs
- Update EO website as required
- Publish e-newsletters and targeted email campaigns
- Maintain archive of past publications and marketing materials
- Assist with internal mail-outs and administrative tasks
- Write engaging education guides for students and educators
- Assist with capturing photos/videos during interviews and events
- Write speeches and briefing notes
- Other duties as required
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be proficient with
- Microsoft Office Suite and social media apps. Experience using Tessitura is considered
an asset but not required (training will be provided).
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make effective decisions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Appreciation for the performing
arts is essential.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, humanities, communications, public
relations, arts management or a related field.
- Access to a vehicle is required.
Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances and special events.
Occasional monitoring of social media channels will be required.
The Edmonton Opera Centre is located at 15230 128 Ave NW, and our events and performances take place at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium and other locations. Edmonton Opera is participating in the province’s Restrictions Exemption Program. Please note, all staff must be double-vaccinated for Covid-19 to enter the Opera Centre or Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium. Currently, Edmonton Opera offers the option to work part of the week from home, in discussion with supervisor and based on the needs of the business.
Comprehensive benefits package (health and dental) upon completion of three-month probationary period. Two-weeks vacation, with ability to bank overtime hours. RRSP partial matching program after one year.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until December 8, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is located on Treaty 6 territory. We actively encourage applications from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds.