Development Associate, Membership
Duties and responsibilities
Manage the membership program / annual giving (up to $2500):
- Solicit renewals from members/donors through direct mail, email, phone calls, and face-to-face follow-up.
- Acquire new members/donors through engaging Board members to assist, creating targeted appeals, executing cultivation events and post-event follow up asks
- Develop and execute strategy new strategies to acquire new members/donors
- Facilitate and manage fulfillment of membership benefits
Board Liaison duties:
- Along with the Development Assistant, plan and execute Board and Committee Meetings, including the creation and distribution of board packet/ agenda, etc.
- Help create and manage Board Alumni group
- Work with the Development team to execute membership benefit fulfillment and year-round stewardship of donors.
- Work with Development team to create and manage Opening Nights and Dress Circle events (3-5 events per season)
- Re-instate and manage Green Room (young friends group)
Other duties as needed or assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Fundraising background (preferably 5-7 years) with knowledge of membership programs and events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Tessitura or comparable CRM software strongly preferred
- Motivated to work towards accomplishing annual financial goals
- A positive attitude and strong commitment to exemplary customer service
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to solve problems with creativity and efficiency
- Ability to listen effectively to assist staff and volunteers in identifying and resolving challenges
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as required
This position is a full-time permanent position that requires weekend and evening work depending on performances. As this position deals directly with Theatre Calgary patrons and corporate clients it may on occasion require professional interaction to foster ongoing positive relationships.
This job requires periods of standing and occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $57,000-$62,000
After the initial probationary period employees will be eligible to join our group RRSP plan with employer matching and a comprehensive healthcare program.
About Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner. Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions. For more than 50 years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with the highest level of classic and contemporary plays, featuring the best artists from Calgary and across the country.
Theatre Calgary encourages applications from our diverse community. Theatre Calgary is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff, on all levels, is integral to accomplishing this objective. We are creating policies, practices, and programs that work toward the goal of dismantling systemic racism. We welcome all applications from women and gender-nonconforming people, people of colour, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Theatre Calgary.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Theatre Calgary acknowledges that we live, work and create on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. They were the original occupants of this land and continue to be here to this day. Theatre Calgary is grateful to have the opportunity to present in this territory.
Please submit applications to: [email protected]
We thank all those expressing interest in the role but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: 6th December, 2021