Duties and responsibilities
- Process all gifts donated to Theatre Calgary in the Tessitura database and ensure that tax receipts and donation acknowledgments are generated correctly and in a timely manner, in accordance with established Theatre Calgary procedures;
- Act as a Theatre Calgary donor concierge for ticketing requests, event RSVPs etc.;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors and volunteers by providing support through cultivation, donor servicing and stewardship activities;
- Assist with event planning and execution;
- Work with the Marketing Team to coordinate the production and content of all Membership materials, including event invitations, donor listings and print materials;
- Work with the Development Team to ensure the tracking and reporting of donor and prospect activities in the Tessitura database;
- Work with the Finance Department for year-end procedures and ongoing reconciliations;
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to the Director of Development;
- Attend select Theatre Calgary performances, receptions and events as required to develop relationships with donors and patrons;
- Assist with the preparation of materials and minute taking at Board Committee and Full Board meetings.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Fundraising or arts-related experience (2-4 years preferred)
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality when dealing with patron’s information;
- Ability to work with others, as well as self-directed;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
- A professional demeanour and experience/ability in dealing with discerning patrons;
- Experience in Microsoft Office; experience with Tessitura or other CRM preferred;
- An appreciation for the arts and for theatre.
This position is a full-time permanent position that requires weekend and evening work depending on performances. As this position deals directly with Theatre Calgary patrons and corporate event clients it may on occasion require professional interaction to foster ongoing positive relationships.
This job requires periods of standing.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $38,000-$43,000
After the initial probationary period employees will be eligible to join our group RRSP plan with employer matching and a comprehensive healthcare program.
About Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner. Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions. For more than 50 years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with the highest level of classic and contemporary plays, featuring the best artists from Calgary and across the country.
Theatre Calgary encourages applications from our diverse community. Theatre Calgary is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff, on all levels, is integral to accomplishing this objective. We are creating policies, practices, and programs that work toward the goal of dismantling systemic racism. We welcome all applications from women and gender-nonconforming people, people of colour, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Theatre Calgary.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Theatre Calgary acknowledges that we live, work and create on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. They were the original occupants of this land and continue to be here to this day. Theatre Calgary is grateful to have the opportunity to present in this territory.
Please submit applications to: Careers@theatrecalgary.com
We thank all those expressing interest in the role but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: 6th December 2021