Grindstone Theatre School is seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator to join our team! The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of the Theatre School’s social media, and community engagement. The Communications Coordinator will ensure the social media accounts are up to date and will work alongside the Education Manager to assist with classes supervision. The Communications Coordinator will provide excellent customer service to students and teachers of the Grindstone Theatre School and will create digital graphic designs for the education department. If you are passionate about theatre arts, have a background in advertising/design, and are able to work evenings and weekends – we think you would be a great fit!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- create graphics for social media and printed materials
- coordinate with the Education Manager for assigned tasks
- ensure all social media accounts (instagram, facebook, twitter) are up to date and promote engagement
- create and maintain an advertising journal for data analysis
- supervise weekly classes
- contribute to venue maintenance (cleaning, general upkeep)
- edit website (Divi Builder on WordPress)
- be a contact person for incoming inquires from students, community leagues, workshops, etc
- analyze and promote new engagement for the Theatre School within our community
- 1-2 years experience in advertising and/or design
- Up to date knowledge of basic office/admin programs (Google Docs, Excel, Spreadsheets)
- Experience working with Divi Builder, WordPress, Canva, MailPoet (Not mandatory, but these applicants will be considered first)
- Confidence with problem solving and leadership
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with theatre companies and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- part-time Canada Summer Jobs position available
- 20 – 25 hours per week.
- Must be available nights & weekends.
To submit an application please email Monica at [email protected] with your resume, cover letter, and a sample of one of your original designs (can be from a previous project, or made new). Please note Communications Coordinator in the subject line. Looking forward to working with you!