StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking a passionate and organized person to work with our Artistic Producer in supporting all our theatre programming. The new role will be key in maintaining the incredible work that StoryBook does. This is the perfect introductory role for someone with a passion for theatre arts who is looking to better understand arts administration and the inner workings of a large theatre organization.
StoryBook believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and seek to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We encourage people of all ages, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity to apply for this position.
The Artistic Associate will report directly to the Artistic Producer. Duties include:
- Supporting the AP in administration tasks including, scheduling, grants, recruitment and budgeting, etc
- Support the development of the season
- Support the development of new programming
- Support productions and teams
The ideal candidates would possess many, if not all, of the qualifications listed below. StoryBook is a learning environment and is looking for a candidate willing to grow into the role with a base understanding of its demands and skills required.
- Minimum of two years of theatre experience as a producer, production manager or relevant experience
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team setting and independently
- Intermediate computer skills with applications like Adobe Suite, Microsoft Suite and/or Mac Applications
Ultimately StoryBook is seeking a person who fits in with the organizational mandate and is keen and passionate about the work we do. A candidate who possesses the following attributes would be seen as a huge asset beyond their list of qualifications.
YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WHO
- Loves live performance and has an appreciation of the importance of theatre in society/for families
- Reflects an optimistic and positive attitude with organizational loyalty
- Has the ability to work autonomously and in a team with attention to discretion and sensitivity to work involving confidential information.
- Is a self-motivational work style that can be resilient under the changing conditions of COVID
- Has a genuine commitment to contribute to an internal culture that values people and provides an opportunity for everyone to flourish.
- Has the personal stature to inspire the organization, the Board, and the stakeholders by representing the Theatre with integrity.
- Is dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and broadening access to the arts.
- Is a pragmatic and effective problem-solver.
Monday, November 22, 2021
Hours are based on scheduled shows and volunteer related events
This is a full time position with a starting salary of $32,000.00
Submission Deadline – Monday, November 15, 2021
Visit www.storybooktheatre.org/job-postings for more information and application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.