Barista – Ghostlight Coffeehouse
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time or full time position.
- Work closely with a team of Baristas, Managers, and Front of House staff to ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre
- Greet patrons and maintain up to date, knowledge of product and specs to answer any questions that may arise
- Prepare various drinks and food items in accordance with Ghostlight Coffeehouse and AHS guidelines
- Use a POS system to process transactions, handle cash, run reports, and maintain inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Assist with stocking inventory such as pastries, coffee beans; stocking brewing equipment, etc.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitized environment before, during, and after service
- Other duties as requested
- 16 years of age or older
- Available to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Fast learner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work well with others
- 1 to 2 years of customer service experience, coffee experience is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Ability to comfortably carry and lift up to 50lbs to shoulder height
- ProServe certification is considered an asset
This is a part time or full time paid position and the hourly wage is $16. The number and length of shifts may vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs. This position will start in December 2021.
Please email your resume with cover letter and availability to: email@example.com
Deadline for receiving resumes is Sunday November 7th 2021.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place.
PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume