GUEST EXPERIENCE MANAGER
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Guest Experience Manager. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual who possesses excellent communication skills. This position is responsible to develop, oversee, train, and efficiently manage the Events and Front of House teams and services for all theatre productions and events, ensuring that customer loyalty, patron experience, safety, and that increased revenue and company standards are met and exceeded. The Guest Experience Manager will take a proactive leadership role in fostering a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Ensuring the departments make a positive net contribution to the annual budget through merchandise sales, Venue rentals, and events.
- Managing the arrangement of staff, volunteers, equipment, space, and supplies to meet the Theatre’s needs for all Front of House, and Venue Rentals functions.
- Lead the selection, training, scheduling, development, and supervision of all Front of House and Events Supervisors, and staff, both volunteer and paid.
- Handling inquiries regarding spaces available for events
- Meeting with clients and providing proposals and pricing options, contracts and invoicing for events.
- Providing logistical support to clients and functions that take place at the Citadel Theatre including weddings, wedding photos, sponsor events, corporate host nights, opening night celebrations, media launches, luncheons, meetings, etc.
- Ensuring adequate supervision at all events
- Ensuring the highest possible level of patron experience, satisfaction, and comfort.
- Maintaining and training on emergency and security procedures.
- Ensuring that all staff and volunteers are following safety standards, and AGLC and Fire regulations.
- Ensuring there is communication with other departments to coordinate smooth patron experiences, and safety.
- Reconciliation of all rental events and merchandise with Accounting
- Cultivating new events and opportunities for rental income through networking and sales tactics.
- Assisting in cultivation of patrons through helping plan and implement Patron Experience Events throughout the Citadel Complex.
- Liaising, planning, and providing support on all internal events & programs; with a focus on logistics, communication, and execution.
- Overseeing the booking, planning, and staffing all requests of tours of the Citadel Theatre.
- Coordination and communication of use of all spaces in the building
- Evaluating all aspects of our service
- Regularly walking through the building and reporting any issues to the appropriate departments
- Work closely with the other Guest Services departments (Hospitality and Box Office) to ensure the highest customer experience standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Annual Salary starting at $45,000 per year.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting will remain open until October 31st 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications will only be considered if submitted with cover letter.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place.
PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.