Quest Theatre Job Search – UPDATED POST
Tour & Education Coordinator
(full-time, 12 month contract)
The successful candidate will support many aspects of the organization, particularly in the areas of:
– Customer Service & Sales
– Administration, documentation & research
– Program logistics & planning
– Artist liaison & contracting
Customer Service & Sales
- Outreach to schools and venues in relation to Quest Theatre’s educational
- Scheduling and booking programs for schools and venues such as performances,
digital programs & resources, Artists in School Programs
- Managing communications and relationships with schools, venues, parents and
- Issue contracts, invoices and process payments
- Gather and report formal and informal feedback from schools, venues and
- Assist schools with fundraising/grant writing advice
Administrative tasks as required to support the organisation’s education programs
Tasks may include:
- Maintain and create lists/documents/spreadsheets to help in the everyday
operation of Quest Theatre, including being a user of our customer relationship
management system and maintaining confidential and statistical records for all
- Maintain an orderly archive and filing system
- Inventory and organisation of items in office, vans and storage facility
- Support statistical and financial reporting requirements of the organisation
- Problem solve, research solutions, and make recommendations on areas of need
for the organisation
- Work with marketing coordinator to ensure annual communication and
marketing plan for school programs is in place and website is updated as needed
Program logistics and planning
- Set up of registration/ticketing when needed
- Route, transportation, accommodation, health & safety planning for tours and
in-person school programs
- Venue bookings for arts education programs such as drama camps
- Organising digital program delivery when needed
Artist Liaison & contracting
- Scheduling and availability checks
- Assist with paperwork preparation for artist contracts
- Supporting artists during program delivery and touring
The ideal candidate…
- You are an extremely organised, theatre loving, tech savvy go-getter who isn’t
afraid to jump in and help move our organisation forward. An arts education
champion, you have the training and/or experience to show it. Knowledge of the
Canadian Theatre Agreement, the geography of Alberta and Alberta Education
system would be highly advantageous.
- You have a post-secondary education or equivalent experience (which may
include volunteering) in administration/business, sales/marketing, drama/theatre,
stage management and/or education. Experience with Microsoft Office is a must
and familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom, Canva & Theatre
Manager would be an advantage.
- You are a team player and clear communicator who is also a self starter. You are
committed to ensuring that our organisation embraces its value statements, is
sustainable and grounded in ongoing work in the areas of equity, diversity,
inclusion, and accessibility.
- Security check (paid by Quest Theatre) is a requirement. A valid driver’s license
and comfort driving our small fleet of touring vans would be preferred.
This is a full-time contract role for 12 months, January through December 2022, with the possibility of paid training/orientation in the latter part of 2021. 35-40 hours a week, at $18-20/hour (based on experience). Hours will be mutually agreed upon and will most likely fall between 8am-5pm Mon-Fri with room for flexible working hours to accommodate other commitments such as caregiving and/or artistic pursuits. We have an office at cSPACE King Edward, and remote homeworking is also an option, but you must be based in the Calgary area. We have cloud-based systems, requiring access to a reliable internet connection and up-to-date hardware. You should supply your own cell phone and laptop and IT support will be provided. On the job training, support and supervision will be provided by our small and dedicated team.
For best consideration apply by email prior to Friday, October 29, 2021 at 4pm to Peita Luti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following in your email:
- Use Tour & Education Coordinator Application in the email subject line
- Resume – pdf format
- Link to a short video (maximum of two minutes) introducing yourself and
why you want this role
- OPTIONAL: Cover letter – pdf format
- OPTIONAL: We respectfully invite and encourage (but do not require) candidates to let us know in their cover letter/video/email if they belong to one or more equity-seeking groups such as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis and/or Inuit), Black, People of Color, LGBTQ2SIA+, newcomers to Canada, those living with disabilities and/or caregivers. We would be happy to discuss accommodating your specific access and other needs.
All candidates who apply will be contacted.
This position is made possible thanks to funding from Quest Theatre’s operational funders, Calgary Arts Development, Alberta Foundation for the Arts and Canada Council for the Arts.
Quest Theatre is located at cSPACE King Edward, 1721 29 Avenue S.W. Calgary, Alberta in Suite #325. Please visit www.questtheatre.org for more information on the organisation.
For over 35 years Quest Theatre has nurtured young people through exceptional adventures in theatre, creating intelligent and whimsical work that encourages young people to explore who they are, discover what is important, and build the kind of world they want to live in. We do theatre WITH young people and FOR young people with the knowledge that exposure to the arts is vital for their personal growth, character development, and sense of belonging in society.