Arts Education Facilitator, Edmonton
The Arts Education Facilitator is responsible for planning and implementing AJAS’s Jube School
Programming online and/or in person. Reporting to the Arts and Community Engagement Specialist
(NAJA), this role connects students and teachers with performing, visual and technical teaching artists for
joyful exploratory learning and inspired curricular outcomes.
Responsible for Jube School Program in Edmonton
- Facilitation of Jube School programming (5 Day, 1&2 Day, Summer Camp and special programs)
both in person and online. Guiding the week through a big question and inquiry while engaging in
the creative process.
- Assist with scheduling and preparation for workshops.
- Documenting the educational process.
- Attend pre-planning sessions with teachers
- Contributing to the positive culture of the Jubilee’s team in the building and in the community.
- Promoting Jube School and other programming via Teachers’ Conventions and other like events.
- Fostering joyful and meaningful learning.
- Post-Secondary education in Fine Arts or Education is an asset.
- Experience in arts education or administration.
- Genuine and authentic passion for working with young people and the arts.
- Comfort and ease speaking in front of groups of students.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with a schedule.
- Creative in planning and delivery of programming.
- Can work individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Comfort with social media platforms for promotion and communication.
- Aptitude for technical delivery techniques on Zoom, Teams or other platforms.
The position closes on October 8, 2021