The Opportunity: Arts & Community Engagement Specialist
The Arts & Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks that relate to different
parts of the Arts and Community Engagement Department at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium.
The Arts & Community Engagement Specialist reports to the Executive Director and works alongside the
Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium Arts & Community Engagement Specialist in Calgary.
Responsible for Jube School Program in Edmonton
- Overseeing and developing Community Engagement programming online and in person.
- Developing and managing budget for the Arts and Community Engagement pillar of AJAS.
- Creation of schedule, prep and planning for workshops.
- Communication with artists, teachers and Inquiring Minds.
- Occasional facilitation of Jube School programming (5 Day, 1&2 Day, Summer Camp and special
programs) both in person and online. Guiding the week through a big question and inquiry while
engaging in the creative process.
- Overseeing and training Jube School Facilitators.
- Documenting the educational process.
- Reviewing and accepting Jube School applications.
- Attend pre-planning sessions with teachers including introduction meetings and teacher training.
- Presenting area updates to the AJAS Board and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to the culture and general responsibilities of the Jubilee’s administrative team.
- Promoting Jube School and other programming via Teachers’ Conventions and other like events.
- Identify possible revenue and sponsorship sources and managing these relationships.
- Determine target markets, sales approach, positioning of programs.
Rotating Public Art Spaces:
- Soliciting and reviewing applications for Rotating Public Art Spaces.
- Providing selected artists with contracts and coordinating pick-up/drop off of their pieces.
- Scheduling the installation and removal of art pieces.
- Coordinating the creation of all promotional materials for Rotating Public Art Spaces.
- Planning and facilitating the Opening Night Reception for each exhibition (booking catering,
planning event and inviting guests)
- Fostering a connection to the Edmonton arts community (theatre, music and visual arts)
- Creating new opportunities to engage communities in the arts.
- Working with local groups to build arts educators’ roster and organizational partnerships.
- Connect with potential sponsors/donors for programming.
- Promote the Jubilee’s programs and events in the community.
- Overseeing the financial plan for community engagement activities at NAJA.
- Working with Arts and Community Engagement Specialist in Calgary to develop budgets.
- Implementation and monitoring of Arts & Community Engagement Financial Plan.
- Post-Secondary education in Fine Arts or Education.
- Experience in arts administration.
- Experience in an arts education role strongly preferred.
- Genuine and authentic passion for working with young people and the arts.
- Comfort and ease speaking in front of groups of students.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with a schedule.
- Creative in planning and delivery of programming.
- Can work individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Comfort with social media platforms for promotion and communication.
- Aptitude for technical delivery techniques on Zoom, Teams or other platforms.
The position closes October 8, 2021