New West Theatre is now accepting applications for the full-time, short-term position of Audience Services Manager.
Start Date: November 1, 2021
End Date: March 31, 2021
Rate of Pay: $20 / Hour
Up to 40 Hours per week
The Audience Services Manager of New West Theatre is an integral part of the day-to-day Operations for the Organization. Reporting to the General Manager (GM) and Artistic Director (AD), the Audience Services Manager’s responsibility for the Organization’s consistent achievement of its mission.
- Audience Services Manager helps manage of all Society’s production and administrative activities:
- Must be punctual, responsible, flexible, accountable and provide exceptional customer service to all patrons, staff and vendors
- Follows all performance policies, procedures and duties as set forth by General and Artistic Management. Such duties include but are not limited to recording house counts, start times, end times, managing historical and archival documents; general end-of-day reporting, collection of raw data about patrons and donors to use for future marketing planning, policy and license applications and following general operating policies and procedures
- Coordinate, facilitate, supervise and assist with set-up and take down of all Front of House materials which include but are not limited to: tables, signage, ticket scanners, 50/50 and reporting
- Responds accurately to patron inquiries pertaining to the box office, including but not limited to the length of show/run, performance schedules, seating inquiries, pricing, content warnings, age specific restrictions, parking, concerns regarding service charges and any special needs of patrons we will need to accommodate
- Recruit, coordinate, train and supervise all volunteers for performances and ancillary events, ensuring appropriate coverage of all positions and adjusting schedules for no-shows
- Ensures the security, accuracy, and documentation of Front of House revenue, including but not limited to cash in, cash out, donation collection and reporting overages or shortages, and reporting to the General Manager of all significant overages/shortages found during the cash out procedure.
- Create and maintain Front of House policies and procedures including audience safety, accessibility, and fire safety
- Providing administrative support for all New West Theatre operations which includes but is not limited to: Online registration and Sales, email communications, telephone communications, liaising with patrons, maintain archival data and storage, proof reading, ordering of office supplies, general office organization and light cleaning
- Coordinate, deliver and pick-up of final printed products, working directly with printing services and graphic designers
Assist in maintaining and updating social media, in coordination with the Technical Director
- Database and website management
New West Theatre is excited to return to the indoor stage this winter! The safety of our audience, performers, volunteers and staff is of utmost importance, and we are committed to have safety protocols in place that are compliant with the Government of Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program. We are pleased to state that details of this policy are available to view on our website.
All applicants will have completed some post secondary training in business, office or performing arts administration, OR have equivalent work experience.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2021
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume, via email only, to:
Attention: Sheri Becker, General Manager