Seasonal part-time position
About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre has entertained audiences for 45 years. We are located at the base of the Calgary Tower, which is home to our administration and ticket offices as well as our two performance venues. We program the BD&P Mystery Theatre Series and are also home to a variety of arts organizations that rent our performance venues throughout the season. Our diverse audience includes young adults to urban professionals and seniors.
The Ideal Candidate
Vertigo Theatre is looking for an outgoing, friendly customer service-oriented individual to fill the position of part-time bartender. This person has proven guest services experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for customer service, hospitality, and the arts.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Patron Services Manager and will be able to communicate effectively with the Patron Services Manager and other Bar Service employees.
Duties and responsibilities under the supervision of the Patron Services Manager
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages consistent with the Vertigo Theatre menu and AGLC standards.
- Engage with our patrons, make recommendations, offer knowledge on our menu items, and answer all questions regarding the bar menu and snacks.
- Use our point of sales system to accept payments via cash, credit, or debit.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitization, and tidiness of bar and servery, restock as necessary, and monitor inventory.
- Support Front of House and other Bar Services employees as needed.
- Be knowledgeable on the current show being presented.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons.
- Maintain operational procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience.
- Valid Pro-Serve certificate or ability to obtain within 30 days of hiring.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Work effectively as part of a cohesive team in a fast-paced environment.
- Physically able to stand on feet for length of shift and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Bartending experience and experience in an arts environment would be assets.
At Vertigo Theatre we are committed to a respectful work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities and people with disabilities.
Part-time; evenings and weekend availability required
$17.50/hour plus tips
September – June (hours as scheduled)
Deadline to submit: October 4, 2021, or until a suitable candidate is selected.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV as well as three references to Janette Couch, Patron Services Manager, at [email protected]. Interviews will commence immediately. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about Vertigo Theatre please visit our website: www.vertigotheatre.com