Cryptic Characters Theatrical Escape Experiences is hiring part-time Character Hosts!
Cryptic Characters is an escape room that specializes in providing immersive storytelling and game play for our players. Our Hosts, in costume and in character, introduce groups of players to the story of their adventure, while also providing critical information. The host then watches the players via video camera, ensuring that important safety rules are being followed, and provides hints in character via radio.
In addition to running the escape rooms, Character Hosts perform a variety of customer service duties including checking in guests, explaining gameplay rules, taking bookings, answering the phones and accepting payment. Professionalism and salesmanship is expected at all times while interacting with guests.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning duties
- Assisting with repairs and maintenance
- Assisting with our social media presence
- Helping with promotional and group events
- Contributing to the development and testing of new puzzles and escape room scenarios
The starting wage for this position is $17.50 per hour.
Successful applicants will have…
- A professional and friendly attitude
- The ability to adapt and learn new skills
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as being a self starter
Weekend availability is necessary, as well as some weekday evening availability.
Fluency in English is a must.
Acting training/experience, particularly improv, is an asset.
Sales and customer service experience are assets.
Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com with the subject line: Character Host Applicant
Submission deadline is September 26. If selected, interviews will be held later that week.