*This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!*
Walterdale Theatre Associates is looking for a part time Office Administrator to manage the day-to-day bookkeeping, office management and communications of the theatre. This person must be highly organized, able to work independently and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. As the first point of contact for day-to-day relations, the Administrator must represent the theatre in a professional manner in person, by telephone, email or social media sites.
Competency in Microsoft Office is essential, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel. Bookkeeping is an essential component of the position; excellent working knowledge of Sage Accounting or an equal program is essential. As the Administrator will be facilitating communications to the membership and the community, a good working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and WordPress is required.
Administration duties include but are not limited to:
- Electronic or mail out newsletters or notices to the membership.
- Membership lists, processing and data entry.
- Update website and social media on a regular basis.
- Coordination and administration of Zoom account and Zoom Meetings
- Maintain calendar of financial and office deadlines.
- Maintain calendar of theatre schedule.
- Consumables management: purchasing janitorial supplies, office supplies etc.
- Updating organizational documents.
- Filing of minutes and reports.
- Attend and prep board meetings.
- Managing correspondence, mail, email and phones.
- Maintain important stats.
- Coordinate pick up or deliveries as required.
- Partnership/Community Outreach liaison.
- Grant writing support.
- Daily bookkeeping (Sage50)
- AR/AP, Banking
- Compiling financial reports and statements for board meetings.
- Donation deposits and receipts.
- Filing taxes.
- Process payments.
Only those suitable for the position will be contacted after submitting their resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Part time 20 hrs/week, Salary Range $17.00 – $21.00/hour
Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk up and down two flights of stairs, stand for an hour or more and carry 20 lbs.
Required education: Diploma in Arts Administration/Administration is preferred. However previous experience of 2 years or more in similar job tasks may be considered.
Required experience: Administration: 2 years.
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com
Attn: Kristen Finlay – President Walterdale Theatre
Subject: Theatre Administrator Position
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about Walterdale Theatre Associates, please visit our website at www.walterdaletheatre.com