STAGE MANAGER CALL
Jason Kenney’s HOT BOY SUMMER
A One Act Musical
Book and Lyrics by Byron Martin
Music by Simon Abbott
Directed by Byron Martin
Submission deadline: September 9th, 2021
Rehearsals: September 28th through October 19th – Times TBD
Performances: October 20th through 30th
ABOUT THE MUSICAL
Jason Kenney’s Hot Boy Summer is a new musical being developed for the 2021/22 Grindstone season. Fratboy Jason Kenney must save his frat Upsilon Cappa Pi and their year-end party from the arch-villain Rachel Notley and Dean Trudeau who want to shut down all partying on campus.
ABOUT GRINDSTONE THEATRE
Grindstone is an improv-based theatre company. Grindstone wrote and produced the disturbingly popular Thundercats: The Musical for the 2019 Fringe. Other mainstage productions include the award-winning improvised musical The 11 O’clock Number, Urinetown The Musical, The Adventures of Chucky and Reggie, Blackout Sketch Comedy, Here Lies Henry, The Complete Works of Shakespeare Abridged, HONK! The Ugly Duckling Musical, and Shakespeare’s Henry V.
- Schedule and run rehearsals
- Mark out the dimensions of the set on the floor of the rehearsal hall
- Make sure rehearsal props and furnishings are available for the actors
- Attend all rehearsals
- Notify the Designers & General Management of changes made in rehearsal
- Complete and circulate rehearsal reports
- Complete and circulate show reports
- Coordinate the work of the stage crew
- Call cues and entrances during the performance
- Oversee the entire show each time it is performed
- Monitor and practice of all COVID-19 protocols
- Other duties as required
Prior Stage Management experience is required.
To submit your interest, please email Jocelyn at [email protected] with your resume, brief cover letter. Please write “Kenney Stage Manager” in the subject line. In an effort to reduce paper consumption, we accept online submissions only. The Deadline to submit your application is Thursday, September 9, 2021.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 and legally eligible to work in Canada.