Job Title: Production Assistant
Application Deadline: September 12, 2021
Start Date: The week of September 20, 2021
Term: 14 week Canada Summer Jobs contract
Compensation: $18/hour, 15-20 hours a week
Theatre Prospero is seeking a Production Assistant to assist with this year’s production of Enchanted Antlers, a fun and family-friendly holiday show. Pre-recorded elements will be filmed through September-November, and the show will be livestreamed out to schools between December 9-17. There will be the potential of one in-person performance at the Alberta Avenue Community League in December, depending on COVID restrictions and guidelines at the time.
For the past 20 years, Theatre Prospero has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through various theatre productions. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30.
Production Assistant Job Description:
The Production Assistant reports directly to the Production Manager and works with other technicians to implement and operate tech for the production. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- plan and execute filming of video elements for digital productions under the direction of Artistic staff or the Director of Photography
- edit video footage for the production as directed by artistic staff
- colour correct video footage as required
- mix audio of video footage as required
- create and implement visual effects as required
- setup and strike technical aspects of the production as directed
- set up and operate technical equipment for the production, including lighting, sound, cameras, and video broadcast equipment
- assist designers with the creation of production elements including sets, costumes, and props
- maintain a clean, safe, and organized production environment
Production Assistant Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. This position requires skills with camera, sound and lighting equipment, as well as video editing software. Prior film production experience is considered an asset. Communication and teamwork skills are essential, as unforeseen problems and opportunities always arise while creating theatre and video, requiring lateral thinking, generosity of spirit, inventiveness, and courteous but complete communication, and a can-do attitude.
*This position will require some evening and weekend work. Applicants must be flexible in their availability.
**Filming will take place at various outdoor locations around Edmonton, which may not be accessible via public transit. Applicants must have access to a vehicle.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Production Assistant Application.” The deadline to submit your application is Sunday, September 12, 2021.