What is the AZ-MAP Program?
The pilot of an educational opportunity centred around the needs of individual emerging theatre performers, giving two participants agency in their education to achieve their goals in professional theatre.
The program is a blend of:
- Instructional classes
- Self-guided learning
- Apprenticeship based learning
- Theatre process shadowing
- One-on-one mentoring
- Artistic and administrative skill development
These skills will set participants up for success in their growing arts practices in their future endeavours. AZ-MAP is here to help chart their course into a bright future.
- Building class plans with the producing team
(Templates and Supports Provided)
- Teaching classes online or in-person in relation to a performer’s experience.
- Providing feedback to program participants
- Creating and sharing of education resources to live on in perpetuity for AZ-MAP
- Attend company training opportunities
- Provide feedback to Azimuth Theatre on the program development and participation.
Requirements/Prerequisites for Instructors of the Program:
Applicants are required to have experience in the professional theatre industry in reference to any number of the related topics as are listed below. Interested Instructors can apply to teach more than one course if they have the required experience. References may be required.
$480 Minimum Contract Rate (4 classes)
$120/ 1.5 Hour Class
*This rate includes prep time for classes, a minimum of 4 classes will be required*
*Seeking instructors currently based in Edmonton for in-person classes, but for virtual classes, national artists are invited to apply*
September 25th, 2021
Information needed to complete the form:
- CV in relation to your arts and arts education experience
- General availability
- 2 References may be required upon request
- Letter, video or audio recording explaining who you are, your practice and how you could contribute to the instructor team. (No longer than 500 words, or 5 mins)
If you have any questions or need support with your application you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or book a meeting with the Azimuth Theatre Producing team. We look forward to chatting with you!