Quest Theatre Job Search
Tour & Education Coordinator (part-time, 3 month contract, with potential for extension)
Quest Theatre (Calgary/Moh’kinsstis) is searching for a part-time Tour & Education Coordinator to join our small team in October-December 2021.
The successful candidate will support many aspects of the organization, particularly in the areas of:
- Customer Service & Sales
- Administration, documentation & research
- Program logistics & planning
- Artist liaison & contracting
Customer Service & Sales
- Outreach to schools and venues in relation to Quest Theatre’s educational offerings
- Scheduling and booking programs for schools and venues such as performances, digital programs & resources, Artists in School Programs
- Managing communications and relationships with schools, venues, parents and other partners
- Issue contracts, invoices and process payments
- Gather and report formal and informal feedback from schools, venues and parents
- Assist schools with fundraising/grant writing advice
Administrative tasks as required to support the organization’s education programs. Tasks may include:
- Maintain and create lists/documents/spreadsheets to help in the everyday operation of Quest Theatre, including being a user of our customer relationship management system and maintaining confidential and statistical records for all educational activities
- Maintain an orderly archive and filing system
- Inventory and organization of items in office, vans and storage facility
- Support statistical and financial reporting requirements of the organization
- Problem solve, research solutions, and make recommendations on areas of need for the organization
- Work with marketing coordinator to ensure annual communication and marketing plan for school programs is in place and website is updated as needed
Program logistics and planning
- Set up of registration/ticketing when needed
- Route, transportation, accommodation, health & safety planning for tours and in-person school programs
- Venue bookings for arts education programs such as drama camps
- Organizing digital program delivery when needed
Artist Liaison & contracting
- Scheduling and availability checks
- Assist with paperwork preparation for artist contracts
- Supporting artists during program delivery and touring
The ideal candidate…
- You are an extremely organized, theatre loving, tech savvy go-getter who isn’t afraid to jump in and help move our organization forward. An arts education champion, you have the training and/or experience to show it. Knowledge of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, the geography of Alberta and Alberta Education system would be highly advantageous.
- You have a post-secondary education or equivalent experience (which may include volunteering) in administration/business, sales/marketing, drama/theatre, stage management and/or education. Experience with Microsoft Office is a must and familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom, Canva & Theatre Manager would be an advantage.
- You are a team player and clear communicator who is also a self starter. You are committed to ensuring that our organization embraces its value statements, is sustainable and grounded in ongoing work in the areas of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
Security check (paid by Quest Theatre) is a requirement.
A valid driver’s license and comfort driving our small fleet of touring vans would be preferred.
This is a part-time contract role for 3 months, October through December 2021, with potential for the right candidate to gain additional part-time or full-time work into 2022 and beyond.
Part-time hours based on 20 hours a week, at $18-20/hour (based on experience). Hours will be mutually agreed upon and will most likely fall between 9am-3pm Mon-Fri with room for flexible working hours to accommodate other commitments such as caregiving, other work and/or artistic pursuits. We have an office at cSPACE King Edward, and remote homeworking is also an option, but you must be based in the Calgary area. We have cloud-based systems, requiring access to a reliable internet connection and up-to-date hardware. You should supply your own cell phone and laptop and IT support will be provided. On the job training, support and supervision will be provided by our small and dedicated team.
For best consideration apply by email prior to Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 4pm to Peita Luti at managing-[email protected].
Include the following in your email:
- Use Tour & Education Coordinator Application in the email subject line
- Resume – pdf format
- Link to a short video (maximum of two minutes) introducing yourself and why you want this role
- OPTIONAL: Cover letter – pdf format
- OPTIONAL: We respectfully invite and encourage (but do not require) candidates to let us know in their cover letter/video/email if they belong to one or more equity-seeking groups such as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis and/or Inuit), Black, People of Color, LGBTQ2SIA+, newcomers to Canada, those living with disabilities and/or caregivers. We would be happy to discuss accommodating your specific access and other needs.
All candidates who apply will be contacted.
This position is made possible thanks to funding from Quest Theatre’s operational funders, Calgary Arts Development, Alberta Foundation for the Arts and Canada Council for the Arts.
For over 35 years Quest Theatre has nurtured young people through exceptional adventures in theatre, creating intelligent and whimsical work that encourages young people to explore who they are, discover what is important, and build the kind of world they want to live in. We do theatre WITH young people and FOR young people with the knowledge that exposure to the arts is vital for their personal growth, character development, and sense of belonging in society