ALBERTA PLAYWRIGHTS’ NETWORK
CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS
Alberta Playwrights’ Network is seeking professionals and community leaders to join our board of directors. Alberta Playwrights’ Network exists to nurture Albertan Playwrights and provide support for the development of their plays. APN promotes the province’s playwrights and plays to the theatre community, while building and fostering a network of playwrights through education, advocacy, and outreach.
Alberta Playwrights’ Network acknowledges the many First Nations, Metis, and Inuit people who are the original storytellers and knowledge keepers of this land.
APN Is a signatory to the 35/50 Initiative and is committed to those principles and goals in the work we do now and our work in the future.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Energetic and entrepreneurial people and/or,
- Community leaders and philanthropists willing to engage their peers and/or,
- Anyone with an interest in the arts
EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS:
As the highest leadership body of the organization, the board is responsible for:
- Ensuring the mission and purposes of the organization are fulfilled
- Evaluating the performance of executive leadership
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Knowing APN’s mission, policies, programs and needs
- Serving as an active advocate and ambassador for APN
- Preparing for, attending, and conscientiously participating in board meetings
If you’re interested in becoming an APN Board Member please contact Trevor Reuger at [email protected].