AUDITIONS for Robin Hood & His Merry Men
A pantomime by Robin Bailes & Jonathan Hales
Directed by Jason Bakaas & Gad Gijon
Presented LIVE, IN-PERSON at the Pumphouse Theatre December 10 to 18, 2021
Jim, a young girl, is desperate to join up with Robin Hood and become a Merry Man. Meanwhile the evil sheriff is up to no good, raising taxes and imprisoning Jim’s parents. He kidnaps Robin’s sweetheart Maid Marian and determines to marry her. All of which sets up the glorious finale when the Merry Men conceive a cunning rescue plan. A refreshing new take on the old legend, with Robin and his (very) campy followers, the Merry Men, two villains in the evil Prince John and the even eviller Sheriff of Nottingham, and an outrageous dame, Jemima Gusset. An enjoyable evening for the family with a hilarious mix of fun, music and adventure that is guaranteed to please.
Open auditions for all roles will take place:
- Saturday Sept 11 (1:00 to 4:00pm)
- Monday Sept 13 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
- Wednesday Sept 15 (7:00 to 9:00pm)
at the Morpheus Rehearsal Centre in Parkdale (3512 – 5th Avenue NW, lower level of the Parkdale Community Centre).
Callbacks, if required, will take place on Sat Sept 18 from1:00 to 5:00pm.
- Auditions will take place in-person. Face masks are optional, but are not required in the rehearsal space.
- Auditioners are asked to prepare Two contrasting songs no longer than 90 seconds each (Can be either Pop or Musical Theatre style)
- Bring your own accompaniment. Morpheus Theatre has a speaker which can be plugged into with a standard headphone jack.
- Auditioners are also asked to complete an online audition form, with an acting resume and headshot. If you are unable to complete the online form, please bring your photo and resume to the audition.
- Selected auditioners will be requested to attend an in-person callback to read with other performers on Sunday September 18th between 1 and 5pm, where auditioners will be given sides to read.
Rehearsal and Performance Requirements:
- The read-through and first rehearsal will take place in-person on Monday September 27th (7pm)
- In-person rehearsals will take place at the Monday and Wednesday evenings (7pm to 10pm) and Saturday afternoons (1pm to 5pm).
- Performances will take place indoors – live and in-person – at the Pumphouse Theatres.
Morpheus Theatre encourages individuals of all genders, ethnicities, and abilities to audition. Not a traditional actor? That is okay, get in touch with us and we will find a way for you to showcase what you have to offer.