Grindstone Theatre is seeking a part-time Programming Assistant to join our growing team! Reporting to the Programming Manager, the Programming Assistant will assist in the development and management of the Grindstone Producing season as well as any festivals and corporate events. If you are passionate about theatre, have excellent customer service skills, and thrive in fast paced environments – we think you would be a great fit!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working under the Artistic Director & Programming Manager to help curate seasons of high quality performances at the Grindstone Comedy Theatre produced by independent artists/producers and collectives.
- Maintaining an organized google calendar schedule for all shows at the Grindstone.
- Drafting events on Showpass and WordPress
- Communication with Artists/Producers to ensure images/bios/descriptions/etc are correct.
- Drafting Arts Presenting, Arts Creative and Corporate Contracts
- Creating Invoices via Quickbooks
- Assists the Programming Manager by tracking all show deposits and processing show payouts each week to producers.
- Manages all rehearsal studio rentals, including contracting, arranging resources and security access.
- Working Box office/ House Management shifts
- Other projects as assigned
- Engaged in the Edmonton arts community and existing understanding of Grindstone’s mandate and operations
- Strong writing, editing and revision skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a team-oriented environment combined with the ability to work independently to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media marketing.
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Business or Arts Administration
- Administration experience
- Show producing experience
- House Management experience
- 1 part time position available @ $16/h starting wage
- 20-25 hours per week.
- Must work from in office
- Must be available for flexible hours
To submit an application please email Jocelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resume and cover letter. Please note Programming Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline to apply is September 1st, 2021.