FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
Theatre Calgary is seeking an enthusiastic Front of House Manager for a ten-month contract. The
position oversees all operations at the theatre on performance nights. They shape a Theatre goer’s
experience by maintaining the theatre’s appearance, hiring and training quality staff and
guaranteeing good customer service.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the operational aspects of the Front of House, its staff, its volunteers and its general
day to day responsibilities as well as long term department planning
- Ensure that a high level of safety, service, comfort and enjoyment of patrons and clients is
maintained at all times. The Front of House experience will be an integral part of the excellent
customer service provided by Theatre Calgary
- Support daily Box Office procedures and operations including ticket distribution, handling of
cash from sales and resolving ticketing issues
- Coordinate the hiring and training of new FOH staff and volunteers. Work with the Assistant
FOH Manager for scheduling of all events
- Process all data required to produce daily records and supply of accurate and timely reports to
accounting and other departments of the theatre
- Ensure that an informative and accurate House Report is produced at the end of each
- Attend all meetings called where Front of House representation is required
- Provide weekly, accurate staff timesheets to the Director of Finance & Administration
- Be accountable for the scheduling of staff and the management of the space during the rental
- Stand-in for management at events if they are not able to attend.
- Coordinate and arrange volunteer shifts when and where they are needed.
- Attend Arts Commons Joint Health and Safety meetings as the representative from Theatre
- Collaborating with the Senior Manager of Patron Services to develop the Front of House
Operating Procedure manual and Volunteer Handbook
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous Experience as a Front of House Manager is a must
- The ideal candidate is someone who has strong interpersonal and leadership skills, an excellent
ability to listen, and a proactive approach.
- Previous Experience with a CRM (specifically Tessitura) is an asset.
- Previous Experience with volunteer management and coordination is an asset.
This job requires weekend and evening work. It also deals directly with Theatre patrons and corporate
event clients which occasionally can require some challenging interactions
This job requires long periods of standing.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $46,000 – $50,000 per annum (10 month Contract $3,800 – $4,100 per month)
After the initial probationary period employees will be eligible to join our group RRSP plan with the employer
matching and comprehensive healthcare program.
About Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative,
impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious
programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner.
Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious
programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions. For more than 50
years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with the highest level of classic and
contemporary plays, featuring the best artists from Calgary and across the country.
Theatre Calgary encourages applications from our diverse community. Theatre Calgary is committed to
equity, diversity, and inclusion. We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff, on all levels, in
integral to accomplishing this objective. We are creating policies, practices, and programs that work
toward the goal of dismantling systemic racism. We welcome all applications from women and gender-nonconforming people, people of color, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of Theatre Calgary.
Please submit applications to: [email protected]
We thank all those expressing interest in the role but only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: 30th August 2021
Salary Range: $46,000 – $50,000 per annum (10 Month Contract $3,800 – $4,100 per month)