We are looking for part-time and casual actors to fill a role in a children’s and youth theatre performance on addictions prevention at various children and youth camps, youth and children centers and schools throughout summer, fall and winter 2021. Actors with experience doing sketch comedy and improve, and children and youth theatre are most appreciated. Actors with flexible schedule are preferable. Rehearsals are to begin immediately.
Position Title: Actor, Smart Choices: Recognizing Problem Gambling
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop or revise an interactive, educational and fun presentation about gambling geared towards K – 12 graders
- Script the presentation, or revise the existing script and rehearse the presentation
- Deliver the presentation to children and youth camps, community groups, schools etc.
- Develop and deliver pilot drama projects for other target age groups accordingly
- Develop and deliver fun drama games (as best practice) to target groups accordingly
- Write a one page synopsis for the Final Report
- Complete all paperwork for payroll, timesheets, etc.
The Ideal Candidate would possess: BA Degree in art majoring drama, theatre, acting, or related field. Experience is an asset. Or College diploma in art or related field with two years of experience, or High school diploma with the minimum of three years relevant experience.
Deadline/Closing Date: Open until the position is filled
Smart Choices: Recognizing Problem Gambling educates children and youth about gambling and related addictions to develop personal strengths and decision making skills. This strategy is based on the understanding that the best way to prevent addictions is to build skills and support systems that increase resiliency and decrease the risk of unhealthy coping mechanisms.
Applicants can E-mail, mail or fax their resume accordingly to the contact person/program coordinator. Email or fax is preferable.
Dereje Berenda (DJ), Program Coordinator
ASSIST Community Services Centre
9649 – 105A Avenue, Edmonton AB
[email protected] or 780-429-3111 ext. 306 or fax 780-424-7837