The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time or full time
Barista Supervisor – Ghostlight Coffeehouse
● Work closely with a team of Baristas, Managers, and Front of House staff to ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre
● Greet patrons and maintain up to date, knowledge of product and specs to answer any questions that may arise
● Resolve patron concerns as they arise to ensure a positive outcome for all involved
● Maintain a positive learning environment by providing clear, and respectful feedback to team members
● Organizes and complete opening and closing duties as assigned
● Prepare various drinks and food items in accordance with Ghostlight Coffeehouse and AHS guidelines
● Use a POS system to process transactions, handle cash, run reports, and maintain inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity
● Work with management to order, receive and take inventory of product
● Maintaining a clean and sanitized environment before, during, and after service
● Other duties as requested
• 18 years of age or older
• Available to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
• Fast learner
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Able to lead others and proactively solve problems
• Be responsible for the preparation of deposits and cash floats for staff
• 2 to 3 years of customer service experience, coffee experience is considered an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
• Ability to comfortably carry and lift up to 50lbs to shoulder height
• ProServe certification is considered an asset
This is a part time or full time paid position and the hourly wage is $17.50. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs. This position will start in mid-August 2021
Please email your cover letter with availability (applications without indicated availability will not be considered) and resume by August 9, 2021 to: email@example.com
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.