Job Title: Assistant Festival Producer
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
Start Date: August 16, 2021
Term: 12 weeks
Compensation: $17.50/hour, 18 hours per week
The Thousand Faces Festival is seeking an Assistant Festival Producer to assist our 2021 hybrid virtual and in-person festival, running from early October through the beginning of November 2021, including a significant role in organizing our first in-person event in over two years. For the past 13 years, The Thousand Faces Festival has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other artistic disciplines. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please note that due to the return to in-person events for Festival, the successful applicant will be required to work from a combination of our office on Alberta Avenue, the National Stiltwalkers Studio in south Edmonton, and their home. Access to a vehicle is strongly encouraged.
Assistant Festival Producer Job Description:
The Assistant Festival Producer will work in collaboration with the Festival Producer, Artistic Director, General Manager, and Production Staff to implement parts of the 2021 Thousand Faces Festival. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Festival Producer with operations of the festival
- Helping oversee the execution of Festival productions, events, and broadcasts
- Overseeing and executing the recruitment and management of Festival volunteers
- Coordinating the Festival’s health and safety plan in conjunction with the Festival Producer, including COVID-19 mitigation planning and implementation
- Coordinating the Front of House and food service operations of the Mythic String of Pearls feast happening in October 2021
- Reaching out to and confirming the participation of food vendors for the Mythic String of Pearls feast happening in October 2021
- Keeping track of expenses and revenues and the necessary paperwork associated therewith
- Liaising with artists, technicians, volunteers, and other contractors
- Assisting with the orientation of artistic, administrative, production, and volunteer personnel
- Assist with the creation of marketing and website materials in conjunction with marketing staff
Assistant Producer Qualifications:
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Previous experience with event and/or volunteer management are a must. Good writing and numerical skills, team building and supervision experience, good communication skills, and out of the box thinking are all assets. This position may be ideal for a current post-secondary student looking to increase their event management and producing skills.
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume to: [email protected] with the subject line “Assistant Festival Producer Application“. The Deadline to submit your application is Thursday, August 6, 2021. Interviews will be held in person the week of August 9, 2021 at our office at the Alberta Avenue Community League.