The Digital Content Assistant/Theatre Technician will play a key role in the success of our company and our fall programs. This temporary full-time position is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the organization and development of our new online programming, marketing materials, and social media networks. They will also assist in preparing our theatre gear for our touring season. They will work under the direction of our Operations Manager.
- Graphic Design to support our online program development; creating images and example videos.
- Finding and organizing content for digital theatre residencies
- Coordinating and creating digital content for dissemination through our social media channels and websites during the 2021-22 Season.
- Contact database maintenance
- Assist with preparation for our in person theatrical touring season: costume cleaning & maintenance, prop maintenance, inventory, gear repair, computer maintenance & setup, video equipment maintenance
- Other office duties as required
- Experience with graphic design – fine arts or design student preferred
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite programs including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere.
- Knowledge of social media networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Excellent computer skills
- Backstage experience working with theatre companies an asset
This is a temporary full-time position made possible by Canada Summer Jobs, beginning ASAP for an 8 week contract. $15-18 per hour wage (depending on experience).
All digital work can be done remotely, however the tour preparation would need to be done in-person. The company office is in NW Calgary; North of the Tuscany area (not accessible by transit).
Deadline for applications: Aug 6, 2021