The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full time Corporate Giving Manager. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual who can connect with current and prospective corporate sponsors to continue the Citadel’s history of building strong partnerships.
Reporting to the Fund Development Director, the Corporate Giving Manager is an integral part of the Fund Development team. The successful candidate will work to ensure the Citadel Theatre’s continued success by assisting in achieving an overall, budgeted fundraising target of $1.1 Million. This will be achieved by identifying and cultivating new relationships with corporate partners and stewarding existing relationships. This role requires an outgoing, positive individual who is able thrive in a lively, fast-paced, and dynamic environment. The Corporate Giving Manager must be ready to take a proactive leadership role in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Meet or exceed budgeted goals for corporate giving and sponsorship via renewals and acquisitions
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 40-50 prospects and sponsors:
- Maintain and develop current partnerships with corporate partners through various stewardship opportunities
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospects and develop strategies to attract new corporate partners
- Generate tailored proposals for current and prospective partnerships
- Create, manage, and execute partnership agreements, and the deliverables associated with each individual agreement, which includes strong collaboration with other departments
- Fulfillment of online applications and collection of pertinent supporting data
- Completion of partnership reports including gathering of relevant data to support outcomes
- Management of various administrative duties including database updating and financial reporting
- Assist with the planning, management, and execution of fundraising events
- Represent the Citadel Theatre at networking and community events
- Provide assistance to other Fund Development staff when required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building, including internal relationships
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong networking, social, and sales skills
- Ability to be creative and think holistically
- Outstanding customer service and stewardship capabilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is considered an asset
- Experience with Tessitura is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the guidelines for charities from the Canada Revenue Agency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Annual Salary is $50,000 per year.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected]
Posting will remain open until July 18, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications will only be considered if submitted with cover letter.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.