Senior Marketing Coordinator – Full-Time based in Calgary, Alberta
Theatre Calgary is seeking an enthusiastic, analytical and yet creative Senior Marketing Coordinator who thrives in an ever-evolving environment with varying priorities and constant activity. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communication, the Senior Marketing Coordinator will manage the day-to-day tactical activity focusing on performance and event marketing including the management of social media.
- Assist in the development of seasonal marketing plans, campaigns and calendars building on measurable objectives and strategies.
- Plan and deploy promotional campaigns for specific performances and events in coordination with internal teams and external partners.
- Using best practices such as work-back schedules, critical paths and project charters, ensure campaigns and collateral are delivered on time, within budget, and meeting quality standards.
- Lead the approvals process, ensuring final sign off is received efficiently and coordinating revisions as necessary.
- Meet with media account representatives to review campaign opportunities, secure media buys and sponsorships and follow through with negotiations, budgets and fulfillment.
- Coordinate a variety of advertising channels including but not limited to print, radio, television, outdoor, direct mail, digital and physical signage.
- Develop and create visual elements for occasional presentations, print collateral, email templates and social media.
- Support the development of a robust digital content strategy working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Research target audiences and monitor current social media trends
- Create relevant and engaging text, video and image content
- Monitor audience engagement on social media platforms measuring success and ROI
- Develop optimal posting strategy including timing, creative and brand representation.
- Research, recruit and engage ideal influencers, industry professionals and key brands for multiple strategies and campaigns
Candidate Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field such as marketing, communications or event management.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar marketing/agency role
- Event based marketing and/or performing arts marketing experience a definite asset.
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing tactics including social media platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite of products.
- A proven ability to effectively work independently in a data driven manner.
- Experience prioritizing the use of limited resources to optimize results and efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle and track multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse and varied personalities.
About Theatre Calgary
Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Our mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national and international engagement in a sustainable manner. Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement and extraordinary productions.
Theatre Calgary is recognized as Calgary’s preeminent theatre company as well as a leader in the Canadian and international theatre communities. For over 50 years, Theatre Calgary has presented work that delights audiences and inspires generations of emerging artists. We are proud to be a vital contributor to Calgary’s creative energy.
What we offer
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Robust vacation policy including flex days and personal wellness days
- Ability to work from home up to two days per week
- Complimentary tickets for our performances
- Matching RRSP program
- Salary range of $46,000 to $50,000
If you are excited to join our team and support our mission and values, we invite you to apply for this position with Theatre Calgary.
Posting Closes: Friday July 16, 2021
Interested candidates are asked to send their cover letter and resume, with “Senior Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line to: email@example.com
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Calgary is committed to an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that a diverse staff enriches the environment and culture of our entire organization and our larger community. We welcome applications for all qualified persons and encourage all those who may contribute to the further diversification of our ideas and perspectives to apply.