Staged Theatre Productions is looking for actors to cast in the play This Old House by Grace Fitzgerald!
What differs a story in our head to the ones that really happened? This Old House by Grace Fitzgerald follows Manda Richter and the other boarders in her deceased mother’s house as they unpack the mystery of their shared home and the events leading up to the accident that brought them all together. They’re left questioning if what they know is real or merely another fiction.
- Manda Richter – The new owner of her mother’s house, who tells her mother’s stories as a way of trying to reminisce about the past and explain the present. Thoughtful and patient.
- Peter Richter – Manda’s brother, who doesn’t see the past so fondly. He doesn’t trust what his mother had said, nor does he believe in the stories. Cynical and frustrated.
- Gary Walsh – An old man living out the remainder of his life in the house, with a lot of regrets. Strict, rough, and loyal.
- Henry Walsh – Gary’s young grandson who has come to live most of the time with him. Naive, innocent, and curious.
- Stephen Doyle – New to the house, and with a needing for understanding. Charming and confident.
- Clarisse Bisset – Stephen’s french fiancee, who has a distaste for the house and their decision to move. Desperate and lonely.
- Traveler – The caretaker of the house and a mysterious figure who seems to know more than everyone and always be a few steps ahead. Monotone, mysterious, and surprising.
- Jennifer Finch – A retired “famous” singer whose nostalgia for her past might be clouding her present. Eccentric, grand, and somewhat comedic.
Roles will be cast regardless of gender, and the playwright is willing to edit and adapt the script to reflect this. Casting of all roles will be between the ages of 15-21.
REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES:
The rehearsal schedule is very loose and flexible, and will be based upon the availability of the cast and crew. The show will take place over the course of several performances in mid August. Rehearsals will begin still masked and distanced, however the goal would be to perform unmasked. There is room for discussion and flexibility there though, and the main priority is the safety and comfort of the actors and crew, and navigating ongoing conditions.
Please prepare and memorize a 1-2 minute contemporary monologue for your audition. Auditions will be held fully online over Zoom, and a link will be emailed to you two to three days prior to your audition. If technology or Zoom is not accessible to you, or you are not available for these dates, please do not hesitate to contact Grace Fitzgerald ([email protected]) to make other arrangements.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, July 3rd and Sunday, July 4th from 5:00-8:30pm. Please follow the link below to sign up:
Staged Theatre Productions is committed to equitable casting. If there are any barriers that may prevent you from being able to audition, please reach out to Grace Fitzgerald ([email protected]) to see how we can help you out.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Grace Fitzgerald at [email protected]! We’re so excited to meet you and share a love of the arts.