FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time Front of House Supervisor.
Reporting to the Front of House and Events Manager, Front of House Supervisors:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient seating (and orderly departure) of patrons at performances and events
- Ensure the highest possible level of customer service from all Front of House staff and volunteers
- Work with the other Guest Services departments (Box Office, Hospitality, and Events) to ensure the guest experience is smooth from start to finish.
- Establish positive and nurturing relationships with our volunteers; oversee ushers – schedule, train, and ensure they are properly located per shift.
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
- Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission
- Ensure the safety of theatre patrons while inside the building or on theatre grounds; Have a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations. Ensure all staff are aware of these regulations and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations
- Regulate the entry of latecomers, control disruptive patrons and ensure the return of all patrons after intermission
- Prepare daily reports: show reports, sales reports and ticket stub count.
- Lead guided tours through the backstage areas
- Other duties as requested
- Available to work flexible hours and must be available weekends and evenings. This position will have mainly weekend and evening hours but some daytime availability is an asset.
- 2 to 3 years of customer service experience
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
This is a casual, part-time paid position and the hourly wage is $18. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs. This position will start in mid-July
Please email your cover letter with availability (applications without indicated availability will not be considered) and resume by June 27, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.