BARTENDER – LOBBY BAR
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service-oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time, casual Bartender – Lobby bar.
Reporting to the Hospitality Manager, Bartenders:
- Work closely with a team of Bartenders, Managers, and Front of House staff to ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre
- Pour and mix cocktails, beer, and wine in accordance with Citadel training, recipes, and AGLC serving regulations
- Use a POS system to process transactions, handle cash, run reports, and maintain inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Ensure a meticulously clean environment before, during, and after service
- Maintain up-to-date, perfect knowledge of product and specs to a standard which allows consistent execution, and accurate communication to patrons
- Other duties as requested
- Available to work flexible hours and must be available weekends and evenings. This position will have mainly weekend and evening hours but some daytime availability is an asset.
- 1 to 2 years of restaurant experience, bartending experience is considered an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Ability to comfortably carry and lift up to 50lbs to shoulder height
- Leadership skills
- ProServe certification is considered an asset
This is a casual, part-time paid position and the hourly wage is $16. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs. This position will start in mid-July 2021
Please email your cover letter with availability (applications without indicated availability will not be considered) and resume by June 27, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.