Grindstone Theatre is seeking a part time Volunteer Coordinator to join our team! The Volunteer Coordinator would be responsible for recruiting, scheduling and managing event volunteers for Grindstone Festivals, Bingos/Casinos and other special events. Grindstone Volunteers are an essential part of our organization, therefore we are looking for an energetic, organized and engaging individual to lead the team. The ideal candidate will ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly utilized for the event they are assigned to.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Sourcing and recruiting volunteers through various techniques
- Collecting information on availabilities and skills
- Arranging for appropriate training when needed
- Assign responsibilities to each volunteer for special events
- Create concise schedules/timelines for the event and ensure it’s distributed to each volunteer
- Ensure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Aiding volunteers by answering questions about the shows and the facility.
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in Theatre/ Event site management
- Knowledge of the Edmonton Arts Community
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working -relationships with volunteers and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- 1 part-time Canada Summer Jobs position is available
- 15-20 hours per week.
- Must be available nights & weekends.
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Jocelyn Anselmo at [email protected]. Please note Volunteer Coordinator in the Subject line. No phone calls please.
Posting closes: June 14, 2021