The Grindstone Theatre is seeking a Bar Manager to join our growing team! The Bar Manager position is responsible for overseeing the operations of The Grindstone Bistro, patio, kitchen and bar. The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized and creative individual with experience in customer service, bartending and leadership or management positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Food and beverage service
- Opening and closing duties including cash counting and deposits
- Managing a small team of servers/cooks to ensure that high quality food and beverage products are being delivered and excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
- Office duties include scheduling staff, and working with our suppliers to order food and liquor.
- Weekly food and liquor pick-ups.
- Develop and refine strategies for achieving the organization’s growth targets.
- Weekly meetings with the Grindstone Admin team.
- Report directly to the General Manager.
- Plan and organize the liquor and food service for special events such as festivals, block parties and corporate rentals.
- Engage in hiring and staff training of service staff along with the General Manager.
- 2 or more years of Restaurant experience
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships.
- AGLC Pro-Serve and Pro-Tect
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- Proven leadership abilities or experiencing managing others.
- Cocktail training and/or passion.
- Drivers license
- Full time, salary position, plus tips.
- Health benefits available after 3 months.
- Must be available for late nights & weekends.
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Joses Martin at [email protected] Please note Bar Manager Application in the Subject line. No phone calls please.
Posting closes: June 14th, 2021