Grindstone Theatre is seeking two part- time House Technicians to join our team! The House Technician (HT) is responsible for operating the sound/lighting boards & other multimedia equipment for all Grindstone & Independently Produced shows. The HT will ensure the theatre is in safe working conditions and will report any issues to the Technical Director. The HT will provide excellent customer service to patrons of the Grindstone Theatre and will scan and seat guests upon arrival as well as answer any questions about the performance. If you are passionate about theatre arts, have a background in Technical Theatre and are able to manage and solve problems on the fly – we think you would be a great fit!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Set up and operate lighting, sound and multimedia equipment
- Coordinate with Independent Producers & Grindstone Producers to ensure all technical requirements are met
- Ensure all equipment is stored safely and is accessible to others when absent
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and materials held and used
- Work alongside the Programming Coordinator and Technical Director to ensure Independent Producers & -Rental clients are fully briefed on the safe use of the theatre / performance spaces
- Aiding patrons by answering questions about the shows and the facility.
- Greeting and seating guests attending the performance
- Maintaining a clean, safe and organized theatre space
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in Theatre Production/Management
- Up to date knowledge of lighting systems, control apparatus, equipment and its maintenance
- Experience working with OBS, Zoom, Crowdcast and other online streaming platforms
- Confident in manual-handling/heavy lifting of theatre equipment, climbing ladders etc. and able to do so safely
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills. Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with theatre companies and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- 2 part-time Canada Summer Jobs positions available
- 20 – 25 hours per week.
- Must be available nights & weekends.
To apply, please send a Cover letter & Resume to Jocelyn Anselmo at [email protected]. Please note House Technician in the Subject line.
No phone calls please.
Posting closes: June 14, 2021