Job Title: Patron Services Associate & Receptionist
Department: Community Relations
Status: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Salary range: $32,500–$35,000
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications, and Marketing Manager
Posting Date: May 28, 2021
Since 1963, Edmonton Opera has inspired our community with performances that resonate beyond the final note. We’re looking for someone with a passion for customer service and a love for the performing arts to join our team.
The Patron Services Associate & Receptionist will support all departments and be the first point of contact to our patrons. This individual will help deliver exceptional service to our community, help cultivate loyal fans, and assist in processing ticket purchases and donations. This is a full-time salaried position from Monday to Friday (9am–5pm) with occasional weekend and evening shifts required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Being the first point of contact for the Opera Centre’s front desk for in-person visitors,
deliveries, and phone inquiries
- Maintain business hours (Mon–Fri, 9am–5pm)
- Provide excellent customer service to all Edmonton Opera patrons and rental groups
- Ongoing learning and use of Tessitura software (CRM)
- Box office activities: selling tickets and season ticket packages, making outbound renewal calls, assisting patrons with ticket exchanges, answering general inquiries, and assisting with mail outs
- Book group ticket sales including education groups
- Assisting other departments as required, including Fund Development with the preparation of charitable receipts
- Participating in all Edmonton Opera productions and events as required (set-up, ticket sales, customer service, and tear-down)
- Prepare daily reconciliation reports and batch reports
- Update subscription, single ticket, and attendance reports
- Set-up and run our temporary box office at the Jubilee Auditorium during performances
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent customer service skills with and an ability to communicate effectively with patrons in a friendly and professional manner (written and verbal). Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Previous experience or willingness to learn Tessitura ticketing software (training
will be provided)
- Previous retail/sales experience is an asset but not required
- A strong ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible in assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player with ability to collaborate across departments
- Motivated self-starter with ability to stay on task and assist others during off-season
- Confident using technology and comfortable with basic troubleshooting
The work week consists of 40 hours per week, Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm. Applicant must
be available to work some evenings and weekends during scheduled performances and
The Edmonton Opera Centre is located at 15230 128 Ave NW, and our events and performances take place at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium and other locations. Parking is provided at the Opera Centre and performances.
Comprehensive benefits package (health and dental) upon completion of three-month probationary period. Two weeks vacation, with ability to bank overtime hours. RRSP partial matching program after one year.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Director of Marketing & Communications
Email: [email protected]
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled.
We thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.