The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a temporary, full-time
FOOTE THEATRE SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAMS ASSISTANT
This is a full time position working 35 hours per week from June 28, 2021 through August 20, 2021.
The Summer Programs Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Director of Education and Outreach and the Theatre School Manager with the coordination and implementation of theatre day camps for ages six to seventeen and evening adult classes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and scheduling camp times, spaces, and possible performances
- Communicating with students and parents via phone and email
- Supervising students for lunch and activities, as needed
- Assisting in the Theatre School office with planning, marketing, scheduling and organizing for the fall term
- Proficient computer knowledge in Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn a Customer Relations Management System (Theatre Manager)
- Excellent people skills
- Previous experience working with children or youth
- Self-motivated and a team player
- An appreciation for theatre and the arts
- Detail Orientated
- Administrative experience is an asset
- Experience or post-secondary education in drama, theatre and the arts, culture management, or education are an asset
Regular hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm with an hour for lunch each day (some flexibility here). Position will start June 28, 2021 and run until August 20, 2021. The wage for this position will be $16 an hour.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected]
Posting will remain open until June 6, 2021
Applications will only be considered if submitted with cover letter.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.