Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
Start Date: June 21, 2021
End date: November 30, 2021
Wage: $25.00 per hour
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Job Type: Part-time (12 hours weekly)
GeriActors Theatre is an Edmonton based not-for-profit company. Our mission is to engage seniors and intergenerational groups in theatre and performance-related activities, and to produce theatre of meaning for our performers and audiences. Our performance company, GeriActors & Friends, is unique in uniting seniors and younger generations through performer-created play development. Members range in age from early twenties to nineties. Using a playful approach to theatre and emphasizing social interaction, we produce original plays based on our stories and issues of aging. We give 10-15 performances a year to seniors and their families, students, health professionals, caregivers, and the general public.
About the Position: GeriActors is hiring a Tour Manager / Stage Manager who has an interest in community-based theatre, and working with seniors.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director and General Manager, this position will coordinate in-person and virtual performances, including the GeriActors & Friends fall performance tour (October to November 2021), and help promote our new audio plays program. This position will also provide stage management for the GeriActors & Friends in rehearsals starting September 2021, and assist with various administrative tasks.
- Coordinate in-person and virtual performances, including the GeriActors & Friends fall performance tour (October to November 2021)
- Develop a database of seniors-serving and intergenerational organizations throughout Canada
- Assist with communications and marketing, and reach out to organizations to promote the show and book performances
- Maintain correspondence with interested organizations, collect performance contracts, invoices and payments
- Develop and distribute rehearsal and performance schedules to performers
- Take rehearsal and script notes, manage props and costumes, and provide on-site support during rehearsals and performances (both in-person and virtual)
- Assist with various administrative work, as needed
- Ideal for candidates with experience and/or training in: Arts and Cultural Management, Theatre Production, Theatre Arts, or Event Management
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is considered an asset
- Experience working with seniors considered an asset
- Experience in marketing and social media considered an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and articulate with verbal & written communications
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities
This position allows for a flexible work schedule, however, the successful candidate must be available to attend rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday from 1:15 – 3:45pm from September to November.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and legally entitled to work in Canada.
GeriActors committed to inclusive hiring. We encourage applications from candidates who self-identify as members of under-represented communities. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices. If you require accommodations during any stage of the recruitment process, or if you have any questions about the position, please let us know.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to Becca Barrington at email@example.com by June 1, 2021.
We thank all interested applicants; however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.