Company: Rapid Fire Theatre
Work Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (relocation assistance available)
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: We offer competitive wages and benefits packages and salary will be commensurate with experience and potential to contribute, within the range of $45,000-$65,000 per year.
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Application Deadline: Posting will remain open until a candidate has been selected
Rapid Fire Theatre seeks an enthusiastic, proven leader in arts administration to join our organization as the next General Manager.
ABOUT RAPID FIRE THEATRE
Rapid Fire Theatre (RFT) is Edmonton’s longest‐running improv comedy company; producing a minimum of four weekly shows in Edmonton, as well as corporate and festival touring abroad. We produce a number of annual festivals, including Improvaganza, one of the most sought-after improv festivals in the world, and the Wildfire Teen Improv Festival. Rapid Fire Theatre is a non‐profit organization; its mandate is to raise the profile of improvisation as an art form in Edmonton, and beyond. RFT welcomes an audience of over 30,000 people each season, with an annual operating budget of $1M. We currently have 10 staff members, 11 board members, a performing ensemble of ~50, and a volunteer roster of ~50.
Rapid Fire Theatre strives to reflect the diversity of our community on our stages, in our classrooms, in our staff and on our board. We encourage applications from candidates who will contribute to the further diversification of ideas and perspectives on our team.
RFT is an organization in strong financial standing, and as a testament to the innovation and tenacity of its members, is well-poised to resume in-person events and operations as we recover from the COVID-19 global pandemic.
For more information, please visit www.rapidfiretheatre.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
The General Manager (GM) functions with authority from the Board of Directors to be the Chief Executive Officer of Rapid Fire Theatre. The GM is responsible for the business operations of our wonderfully unique business. Responsibilities include day-to-day operations such as Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Patron Services, Fundraising & Sponsorship, Government Liaison, Marketing & Sales, and Contract Negotiations. The GM will either handle these responsibilities directly, or empower team members to do so. The GM has equal authority as the Artistic Director, both of whom are directly accountable to the Board of Directors. The people currently accountable to the GM include the Director of Finance, Front of House Manager, Front of House Volunteers, and Communications Coordinator.
- Leadership | Through positive and empowering leadership, the GM will promote and execute RFT’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Administration | Develop the administrative procedures, human resources and tools for effective day to day operations.
- Financial Management | Manage and monitor all finances, budgets and accounts. Create revenue targets and implement strategies to meet those targets through fundraising, grants, registrations, box office revenue, marketing & sales.
- Government Liaison | Identify and apply for government funding opportunities.
- Fundraising & Sponsorship | Develop, coordinate and maintain all fundraising and sponsorship strategies and programs.
- Box Office | Maintain the systems and human resources for a successful box office and front-of-house
- Contract Negotiations | Negotiate and enter into all necessary agreements and contracts on behalf of RFT.
- Special Events | Coordinate all administrative support for special events including festivals and out of town visitors.
- 5+ years relevant management experience in theatre or arts administration
- 5+ years of experience with managing full cycle accounting and budgeting
- Experience managing marketing and communications
- Experience preparing grant applications and all required government correspondence
- Experience in audience development
- Experience in sponsor development
- Experience in human resources
DO YOU HAVE?
- Excellent time management skills
- A collaborative work ethic
- A “Yes, and” leadership style that empowers team members
- An understanding and appreciation of improv as an art-form
- Very strong organizational skills, including balancing multiple responsibilities and effectively meeting deadlines
- Excellent technical skills with advanced proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office products
- Google Suite
- Financial Reporting Software (ie. Sage/Quickbooks/Simply Accounting)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong, proven ability to manage, coach and mentor
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Adaptability to a changing work environment
- Adaptability to changing work hours throughout the year
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a letter of interest and resume by email to Amir Reshef, Board President [email protected]. Applications will be open until a successful candidate has been selected.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.