Alberta Theatre Projects is preparing for our next season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary.
We create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
This is a very exciting time in the history of Alberta Theatre Projects as we look to the future of how our company can be a leader in new play development and producing the finest contemporary theatre that engages our community by reflecting their stories on stage. The Marketing & Communications Manager is key to this as the lead over all marketing and communications strategy.
Building on the legacy of Executive & Artistic Director Darcy Evans, Alberta Theatre Projects is in a high growth phase and we are excited to keep the momentum going as one of our country’s leaders in professional theatre and we can’t wait for you to join us on this journey. This role is targeted to start in June, 2021.
WHO YOU ARE
The Marketing & Communications Manager is a full-time, year-round, permanent role on our management team and is an integral link between the staff and the guest artists. You are responsible for making our patrons, donors, and other stakeholders excited about everything going at Alberta Theatre Projects – from creating an engaging subscriptions campaign to working with media to tell the stories of what theatre audiences can expect with an experience at the Martha Cohen Theatre.
As Marketing & Communications Manager, you are depended on for creating a budget that effectively allows marketing projects to come to full fruition, as well as managing project workflows for the department.
The Marketing & Communications Manager works closely with partners in Development, the Ticket Office, and Front of House, and reports directly to the General Manager.
We can’t wait to welcome an energetic and collaborative leader that can hit the ground running and re-energize our public-facing initiatives as we plan for our return to in-person experiences.
WHAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As a leader at Alberta Theatre Projects, you’ll be the main person in charge of everything under the marketing & communications umbrella, which includes:
- Lead the Marketing & Communications Team, including the guidance, coaching, and supervision of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Develop yearly marketing plan for all performances, season subscriptions, specific audience campaigns, and B2B marketing initiatives (such as venue rental clients)
- Work closely with counterparts in Development, Ticket Office, and Front of House to develop and execute audience and donor engagement strategies
- Develop channel strategies for cross-media platforms, including social media, email marketing, website, content, and traditional advertising
- Manage media buys, including negotiating with suppliers and trafficking social media advertising
- Develop and lead creation of all collateral and advertising, including social media
- Analyze data in CRM system (Spektrix) to tell the story of how tickets are sold to different types of buyers
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and tactical plans to achieve organizational sales targets
- Lead and manage the Alberta Theatre Projects brand to ensure continued resonance with current and target audiences and stakeholders
- Develop and manage marketing budgets
- Conduct research and develop strategy for brand imagery, including the development of visual assets strategy for season productions and management of promotional shoots
- Engage contract producers (photographers, videographers, editors, etc.)
- Lead media relations, including creation and distribution of media releases and PSAs, managing interview requests, and engaging with social media influencers
- Represent the organization with a variety of stakeholder groups such as partner and industry organizations, the arts community, and business associations
- Other duties, as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO ALBERTA THEATRE PROJECTS
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (Business, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Media Studies)
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in creating and executing marketing and communications strategy with proven results
- Excellent leadership skills with at least 3 years of experience leading direct reports
- Creativity, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Experience leading organizational social media efforts
- Proven track record for engaging traditional media and social media influencers
- Experience creating, developing, and publishing social media content and schedules
- Familiarity with performing arts, sports, entertainment, tourism, or other vertical within ticketed entertainment
- A passion for theatre or performing arts – an understanding of the non-profit performing arts sector in Canada is an asset
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress
- Familiarity with dot digital, Spektrix, or other CRM & Email Marketing tools considered an asset
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
This role is part of the administrative staff group and receives benefits as set out by staff policies. Annual salary range for this role is $58,000 – 63,000. Alberta Theatre Projects is working hard to become an employer of choice and we’re looking forward to being your choice employer through flexible hours, work from home opportunities, and a team environment.
To apply please email a letter of interest and resume by email to Kyle Russell, Interim Executive Director, [email protected] before May 26, 2021. All applications are held in strict confidence.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, albertatheatreprojects.com.