New West Theatre is now accepting applications for the full-time, short-term position of Summer Camp Leader. This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program; all applicants must be between 18- 30 years of age.
Start Date: July 19, 2021
End Date: Sept 12, 2021
Rate of Pay: $18 / Hour
35 Hours per week
The summer camp leader will work closely with the General Manager and Education Coordinator in the delivery of a summer-long outdoor performance series.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and facilitating summer camp classes in accordance with the established policies and procedures
- Creating a positive in-person classroom environment that is focused on connection with students
- Providing an opportunity for social growth through our programming
- Maintaining accurate records and reporting
- Summer Camp lesson and program delivery, as instructed
- Assisting with marketing for class and camp programming
- Adhering to current Covid-19 protocols for summer camp activities
- General educational duties, as required
All applicants will have completed some post-secondary training in education, theatre or have equivalent work experience in the sector. Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Record checks are required.
Application deadline is May 31, 2021
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume, via email only, to:
Attention: Sheri Becker, General Manager