Job Title: Festival Producer
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021
Start Date: No later than June 21, 2021
Term: At least 22 weeks (a combination of part time and full-time work through November 19, 2021)
The Thousand Faces Festival is seeking a Festival Producer to lead our 2021 hybrid virtual and in-person festival, running from mid-September through the beginning of November 2021. For the past 9 years, The Thousand Faces Festival has celebrated the myths and stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other artistic disciplines. We are committed to ensuring that our staff, crew, and artistic teams also reflect the diversity we see on our stages. We strongly encourage submissions from people of all backgrounds and look forward to continuing our tradition of discovering what connects us all through art.
This position is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, portions of the work for this position will be completed remotely. We expect that on-site work will start in September 2021, pending health restrictions.
Festival Producer Job Description:
The Festival Producer will work in collaboration with the Artistic Director, General Manager, and Production Staff to create and implement a plan for the execution of the 2021 Thousand Faces Festival. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Artist liaising & contracting
- Planning and overseeing live broadcast events with the support of our technical staff.
- Scheduling of events and personnel in conjunction with the Festival’s Production Manager
- Creating the 2021 Festival program in collaboration with the Artistic Director
- Fund Development & Research
- Maintaining and monitoring the Festival’s budget through effective bookkeeping.
- Reporting to external agencies on grants
- Input on hiring of Festival personnel
- Supervising key Festival personnel
- Input into and monitoring of budgets and schedules
- Keeping track of all expenses and revenues and the necessary paperwork associated therewith.
Festival Producer Qualifications:
Previous Artistic Management or Producing experience is not required, but a significant asset. We are looking for a self-motivated individual that has a keen interest and enthusiasm for celebrating stories at the roots of Edmonton’s many cultures through theatre, music, dance, and other arts. Facility with spreadsheets, good writing and numerical skills, team building and supervision experience, good communication skills, and out of the box thinking are all assets.
Please send a brief cover letter and your resume to: [email protected] with the subject line Festival Producer Application. The Deadline to submit your application is Friday, May 28, 2021.