Position: Social Media Community Manager
Organization: Edmonton Musical Theatre
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs with Service Canada for those aged 15 to 30 years.
Please forward resume and interest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2021. Only those selected for consideration may be contacted for an interview.
Edmonton Musical Theatre is dedicated to educating our students to the highest degree of professionalism in the area of musical theatre performance techniques. We nurture our students from Edmonton and surrounding area, and help them reach their fullest potential. The Social Media Community Manager will play a key role in assisting the organization in maintaining and developing social media platforms. The position will start May 17, 2021 and will commence October 22, 2021 for a total of 23 weeks. The position will perform 12 hours per week at the rate of $16.00 an hour.
- Experience in communications planning, media relations and social media management
- Knowledge of ‘best practices’ and current innovations as it relates to the Communications, Marketing and Digital Media Field(s)
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Create and implement social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
- Regularly generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and engage with community members
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content 3 times per week and/or as needed.
- Monitor social media platforms to interact with questions, comments and content
- Document projects and rehearsals with video, to include in messaging
- Maintain company social media pages and profiles
- Scan the media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with General Manager and PR Committee to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach