The Canmore Summer Theatre Festival (CSTF) is an annual outdoor theatre festival. A unique aspect of the CSTF is that volunteers from Pine Tree Players perform alongside and learn from theatre professionals and emerging artists.
This year, the CSTF team are proud to present William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night directed by Shelby Reinitz and Minotaur by Kevin Dyer directed by Tyler McClaron. Performances will take place outdoors at the Stan Rogers Stage in Centennial Park, Canmore.
The CSTF has six production assistant positions available for a period of 8 weeks starting in May. The positions are 35 hours per week and pay $15/hour.
The Production Assistants will aid in production management, stage management, as well as creation and maintenance of technical aspects for the Festival. They will gain a breadth of experience in production and stage management, as well as technical theatre, and will focus on one or more departments (stage management, wardrobe, set and properties, sound, social media and marketing) depending on their interests and skill sets. Their tasks and responsibilities could include sewing, purchasing, repairing, and maintaining the costumes; constructing, building, assembling, and painting the set of the production; sourcing, building and maintaining the properties of the production; and setting up and operating sound equipment.
These positions are funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program, therefore all applicants must meet the criteria below:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*You must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. You may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as you were 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
We encourage submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
The dates of the festival are as follows:
- Rehearsals – Starting May 9, Sundays from 10AM-6PM; Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6PM-9PM
- Tech Rehearsals – August 7-9, 2021
- Festival Run – August 11-22, with performances of Minotaur at 1pm and Twelfth Night at 7pm.
- There will be no performances on August 16 and 17.
If you have any questions about these positions please email us at [email protected] or call (403) 589-5732.
Please follow the link below to apply: